[ See also: Copyright Information ]
[ See also: Editorial Policy ]
SIGMOD Record is a quartely publication of the Special Interest Group on Management of Data (SIGMOD) of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM). SIGMOD is dedicated to the study, development, and application of database and information technology. The current and past issues are made available on-line as SIGMOD Record – Web Edition at sigmodrecord.org.
Scope. SIGMOD Record solicits contributions of articles, technical notes, reports, and proposals for special editions, as detailed in the [Editorial Policy].
Submission. Papers should be submitted electronically in PDF format through the SIGMOD RECord Electronic Submission System (RECESS) at http://sigmod.hosting.acm.org/record/sigmod/login.php. Submissions at all stages as well as the camera ready versions must adhere to the following formatting guidelines:
- The article must be formatted in ACM 2-column style, using 10 pt Times New Roman font. For LaTeX users, the style at https://sigmodrecord.org/publications/sigmodRecord/files/sig-alternate-10pt.cls gives good results. For Word users, here is a template formatted for the SIGMOD Record.
- The article must be formatted for Letter paper (not A4) and have 1 inch margins all over (top, bottom, left and right of the text). For LaTeX users, this can be achieved by starting the paper as follows:
- The article must not include page numbers, nor the ACM copyright notice. In LaTeX, this can be achieved by declaring: …
- The article must not include ACM categories, terms, or keywords.
- The length of each column is up to six pages, with the following exceptions:
The page limit for the Database Principles and Survey columns is up to 12 pages;
There is no space limits on the Distinguished profiles column; and
The Research Highlights columns are limited to 8 pages each.
Transfer of Rights
By submitting your article for distribution in this Special Interest Group publication, you hereby grant to ACM the following non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide rights: 1) to publish in print on condition of acceptance by the editor; 2) to digitize and post your article in the electronic version of this publication; 3) to include the article in the ACM Digital Library; and 4) to allow users to copy and distribute the article for noncommercial, educational or research purposes. However, as a contributing author, you retain copyright to your article and ACM will make every effort to refer requests for commercial use directly to you. Therefore, ACM is asking all newsletter authors to include their contact information in their submissions. Opinions expressed in articles and letters are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily express the opinions of the ACM or SIGMOD. Author(s) should be contacted for reprint authorization.
Publisher. SIGMOD Record (ISSN 0163-5808) is published quarterly by the Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036. Periodicals postage paid at New York, NY 10001, and at additional mailing offices.
Last update: October 4, 2010
Please send comments or suggestions to the SIGMOD Record Editor-in-Chief (email@example.com).